February 23, 2015

Sunmaster 14:....on hold...again

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse...it did get worse.

I got the frame back from the powder coating shop today after they messed it up the first time by not cleaning it properly so that the frame developed what looked like a bad tumor.

While the color itself looked pretty good, upon closer inspection I saw that they didn't bother closing and covering all the holes and threads. But it was only when I got home that I found out just how big the problem was!

They completely stripped the thread on the frame oil out lets on top and bottom, making it impossible to connect the pipes that go to the engine.





Of course I went straight back to the middleman shop, armed with my fierce wife. The guy recognized the problem, but his only help was to direct me to another shop who could put new threads so that I would be able to use a brass adaptor.

What a nightmare....

Next step....cool down and check my options.

Whatever you do, avoid this shop at any cost! https://www.facebook.com/see.phoonn

No comments: