July 10, 2011

The Ultimate Limit of Biking

Today I would like to tell you the story behind the upcoming face-lift my precious is undergoing.

When I got the bike it had 2 medium sized dents on the left side of the tank and, you know...being a Virgo and all that...it gave me some more sleepless nights. So I decided that I will not only fix the dents, but give her a new paint job also. As I am quite the creative kind of biker, I set out to design my own colour scheme and  logo. While playing with various drafts I noticed that by merging the "S" with the "R", the result looked very much like the last letter of the Greek alphabet, Omega.

Mock-up of the new logo


As Wikipedia puts it:
Omega (the last letter of the Greek alphabet) is often used to denote the last, the end, or the ultimate limit of a set, in contrast to alpha, the first letter of the Greek alphabet. In the New Testament book of Revelation, God is declared to be the "alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last".


Cool, I thought....The ultimate limit of biking....sounds good! Thou shall henceforth be called OMEGA RACER!


Right now, my tank and the 2 side covers are at the shop to get a face-lift. I just hope the painter knows what he's doing. Thai bike shops are (in)famous for their sloppy work and ultra-messy workshops. But that's material for another (long) blog post.


see ya

No comments: