October 11, 2013

Omega Racer Tank Design

Since I lost one of my custom made side covers just weeks after putting them on with the new tank, I've been thinking about a new set. Then, a few days ago, I found a good used tank with side covers for sale and needless to say, I took the bait.
The design details have been gathering in my mind like storm clouds for a while and yesterday they finally released the longed-for creative rain.

I wanted something radically different from my black tank with traditional Yamaha SR striping. Something bold and in-your-face. Something that screams "Yeah baby, rip that road open like there's no tomorrow!"....or something along those lines.

All I knew was that it had to include the colours white and dark candy red, and with the Omega logo splashed across the tank. With my very limited Photoshop skills I tentatively started tinkering with a photo I found on the net, a Sudco Doremi tank with a great classic design. Granted, it's not an SR tank, but still pretty close.

Here's the result. What do you think?

the original Sudco tank



plan B

Now off to do the side covers.....

EDIT: I must have had a moment of grace yesterday. Today the spirits of PS seem to be against me...so this is all I could come up with.





No comments: